GRAB A BEER WITH OTTE GEAR
Belly up to the Bar with Rob Murray
- What is your happy place?: As cliché as it is to say, the range is the purest form of my happy place.
- What do you avoid at all costs?: Being unrealistic about my life. And I mean that in both in the positive and negative aspects of the human experience. Humility and honesty about who and what one is goes a long way.
- What is the trait you most dislike in yourself?: My natural passion for my pursuits yields a trait I work towards minimizing: I'm sometimes way too hard on myself when it comes to something I want to excel at, but I'm hitting either a stumbling block or natural plateau. It's been a work in progress, but giving yourself enough room to either fail or go with the flow, depending on the circumstance, is important.
What is the trait you most dislike in others?: Lack of commitment or accountability. “Flaky people.
Which living person do you most admire?: Hands down my father. If I'm any bit of a good man, it's solely because of him and his guidance.
- What is your most extravagant purchase to-date?: Night vision. It's much more expensive in Canada.
- What was your state of mind as you walked into this bar?: “I wonder if there's a new Rick and Morty episode...”
- On what occasion do you lie?: While the idealistic portion of me says “never”, the honest and realistic side says “usually when I feel the pressure to protect another's feelings.”
- What one thing would you change about your appearance?: I'd like to bulk up a bit, but that's a work in progress.
- What is the #1 quality men should possess?: The strength to live their life to its fullest, whatever that life may be.
- What is the #1 quality women should possess?: The strength to live their life to its fullest, whatever that life may be.
- Which words or phrases do you say waaaay too much?: Brother. Literally. A four letter word starting with F.
- What can’t you live without?: My friends.
- What is your most treasured, non-essential item?: Night vision.
- Which super-hero talent would you most like to have?: Spider-man's abilities may be interesting to repurpose.
- What do you consider your greatest achievement?: The moment I became comfortable with my abilities and my worth – all my greatest successes followed from that.
- If you were to die and come back as an animal, which would it be?: Easy – great white shark.
- Where would you most like to live in retirement?: Somewhere I can shake a stick at kids from the porch, yelling “Stay off the lawn” (when there is no lawn).
- What is the most essential piece of Gear for your passion?: Currently, my Alpine jacket for colder days on the range.
- What do you procrastinate most?: The “have to do” tasks of adult life that aren't interesting. Sure – they get done, but man...do they ever go down with a fight.
- What would people say is your most prominent visual characteristic?: My beard or my blue eyes.
- What is your dream job (if you aren’t already doing it)?: Shooting full time in some capacity, even if it’s over 16 combined jobs.
- What type of vehicle would you invent and what would you call it?: A faster-than-light capable starship. The Sumerian
- If you had to wear Multicam Alpine or Multicam Tropic head-to-toe the rest of your life, which would it be?: Tropic for sure.
- What is your favorite form of physical exercise?: Weight training.
- If you were left alone in the Rockies for a week, what 2 items would you pack for defense?: Defense? A reliable rifle and night vision.
- What is your motto?: While my opinion may be interesting, data may deem it irrelevant.
- Everyday carry of choice?: Can't carry in Canada, but if I could, G19.
- What’s filling your OTTE Gear Packing Cube? : Haven't gotten my hands on any cubes yet. I know. Shame on me.
- If money not an option, gun of choice?: Just a nice AR with all the expensive toys of my choice on it.
- Favorite OTTE piece and why?: Currently I'm liking the DK jacket, personally. I have a Patrol Parka on the way, and I have a feeling that might take over top spot.
- Patrol guy or Alpine guy?: While I love the stretch of Alpine, I love the all-around construction of the Patrol series.