Grab a Beer VOLUME 5 with Young Buck Dave
Belly up to the bar with….Dave Young
For this month's GAB, we probed the soul of Dave Young aka @youngbuckdave. He is a true friend, an artist, and frankly a sub-par shooter...more of a spray and pray kinda guy. Just Kidding. His encyclopedic knowledge about guns informs his tactical photography which captures the people and products he is so passionate about. When you meet him ask him about his dad, the old school lawman. Read on.
Read our full interview with Dave Young. ----
1. What is your happy place?
My happy place is a nice fall day out on the range with a tumbler full of coffee and an endless supply of ammo.
2. What do you avoid at all costs?
People with no common sense
3. What is the trait you most dislike in yourself?
I work a lot and need to take time to treat myself more.
4. What is the trait you most dislike in others?
The lack of human decency people have nowadays towards their fellow man.
5. Which living person do you most admire?
My dad. He’s an old school lawman and taught me what it really takes to be a man. He devoted his life to serving this country all the while supporting a family. I wouldn’t be the man I am today without his guidance.
6. What is your most extravagant purchase to-date?
My Staccato P 2011.
7. What was your state of mind as you walked into this bar?
Hi my name is Dave and I like to party.
8. On what occasion do you lie?
When I’m trying to surprise someone and by revealing the truth it would uncover my master plan aka surprise.
I’m 1 inch under 6 foot and it’s rather annoying so I wish I could hit that milestone and grow one more inch.
10. What is the #1 quality men should possess?
11. What is the #1 quality women should possess?
12. Which words or phrases do you say waaaay too much?
“Like I said” and “the fact of the matter is”
13. What can’t you live without?
14. What is your most treasured, non-essential item?
The dog tags from the first dog I rescued.
15. Which super-hero talent would you most like to have?
Fly really really fast.
16. If you could change one thing about yourself before the end of the day, what would it be?
Stop over analyzing everything.
17. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
That’s hard to say since I am always trying to improve myself and conquer new goals but my greatest achievement, I would say is ALWAYS sticking through those downright hard times. Never giving up or quitting no matter how hard it gets and coming out the other side smarter and stronger than I was before.
18. If you were to die and come back as an animal, which would it be?
Bigfoot because he seems to live a cool life messing with people.
19. Where would you most like to live in retirement?
In the mountains on a nice plot of land.
20. What is the most essential piece of gear for your passion?
Just give me the opportunity and all I need is my camera.
21. What do you procrastinate most?
Going to the doctor’s office because in my head I think I can treat myself when in reality I can’t (ex: Tylenol, ice, and elevation will not fix a broken ankle)
22. What would people say is your most prominent visual characteristic?
The pep in my step.
23. What is your dream job (if you aren’t already doing it)?
I love traveling around capturing the industry and experiencing some once in a life time experiences so as of now I am quite content!
24. What type of vehicle would you invent and what would you call it? If it already exists, name it.
I’m not sure if this vehicle has been completely designed but it would be an armored Ford Excursion with a snowplow attached to the front. I’d call this beast the Mad Max Mini Van.
25. What is your favorite form of physical exercise?
Mixed martial arts will work out muscle groups you didn’t even know you had.
26. If you were left alone in the Rockies for a week, what 2 items would you pack for defense?
KREBS Custom AK47 and a Toor Knives RAVEN Fixed Blade Knife since I assume, I would already be wearing my OTTE Gear Patrol Parka because no sane man is going into the Rockies without it.
27. What is your motto?
Die first, then quit.
28. Everyday carry of choice?
Heckler & Koch VP9LE with SilencerCo threaded barrel.
29. What’s filling your OTTE Gear Packing Cube?
My pirate treasure aka my Mutiny Metal’s silver.
30. If money not an option, gun of choice?
A Knights Armament SR-16 with all the bells and whistles.
31. Favorite OTTE piece and why?
This was hard to choose but I’d have to say my Super L Windshirt. I bring it everywhere with me and can easily be thrown in a pocket inside my camera bag. It’s come in handy numerous times when the weather quickly changes out in the field.